Toilet recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to fit a new toilet. Can anyone recommend a simple good solid full size toilet with powerful flush? We would want a close coupled type.

Have tried to research but there are so many out there and seemingly no difference in specs between them, so cant for the life of me work out why one is £80 and the next £400?

What are the features we should be looking for? Soft close? 6liter flush?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have a Wickes " bog in a box " and in all my years of plumbing I`ve not found a better value/flush :eek: checked the web and it was a Portland Toilet to Go - £50.00 ;)

I have a Wickes " bog in a box " and in all my years of plumbing I`ve not found a better value/flush :eek: checked the web and it was a Portland Toilet to Go - £50.00 ;)

Thanks for that. Have you not had the issues with leaks? Quite a few reviews regarding this. Are you sure it is the portland model?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Have you not had the issues with leaks? Quite a few reviews regarding this.

Leaks will be down to installation and not knowing which parts of the cheap fittings pack to use or bin. In a lifetime in the trade, I have only once encountered a new WC with a casting leak. If only customers were half as diligent researching their workman as their brand.

Price can often come down to the name on the box, a toilet is functional not an ornament, often the expensive pans are cr@p (excuse the pun) as they dont clear on the first flush due to design of the pan.

The cheaper end as Nige suggests are often better design and value, for that price the cheaper plastic internals can be chucked and replaced with better quality if required. I fitted the 'Azure' suite from B&Q in my home a few years back. Bargain basement at £199, and the only fault so far, a broken plastic lever arm on the flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back