Toilet Replacement - Waste Connector Height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Looking at replacing a toilet and the current spigot height is is 200mm at the centre.

Most new
toilets appear to be 180mm so I need to adjust the height of the current pan connector.

Looking at the photo, please could someone just clarify is it just a case of me sawing off the current waste near the bottom and just inserting a 90 degree pan connector such as?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-sp103-90-connector-white/15330

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hard to tell exactly what you have already but the one you linked to should do the trick.

Offer new pan up with connector fitted, and see where it'll fit before cutting anything! If that is a bend as it goes into the floor, cutting too low may stop you fitting the connector, it'll need a section of pipe for the fins to seal into. That looks to be solvent welded, cut in the wrong place and you'll be in for a world of pain.

I'd cut as high as you can on existing soil pipe, pan connector can be cut down slightly if needs be.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice Hugh Jaleak. You're absolutely right.

This is an upstairs toilet and the soil stack is directly to the left of it (runs internally). There is another toilet in the next room which is directly to the right so this pipe must be joining down straight into the same waste pipe from the other toilet.

I will take your advice and cut as high as possible so there is plenty of room to fit the fins. Thanks for taking the time to chime in as that could have been quite painful.

Thanks again both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back