Toilet resite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping to move toilet to the wall without the stack.
New route is thru wall and 90 degree as typical, then 2mts to corner of original house, 90 deg round corner, 3mts to stack.
I say original house as actually it isn't a corner anymore as there is a lean to extension, so the first 2 mts will go through the vaulted roof space and exit the gable end of the lean to and then 90 degree to stack.
The fall achievable is 50mm per metre (1:20) possibly a little more when I convert the stack to plastic.

From my reading the 90 degree needs to be roddable and shouldn't be a problem with that distance between the bends as the flow has time to accelerate again before having to negotiate the next. It might be possible to use one of the long swept bends as its size and offset from the wall can all be mitigated by chasing etc. Though can't seem to find roddable long swept bends (I take it these are typically used below ground). Also I expect to need a 90deg bend but they are all 92.5deg. Or is the push-fit tolerance up to accommodating that?

Does this sound okay?

Sponsored Links
You only need 1:40 fall - more and the water can outrun the solids

Sponsored Links
I thought it was a fair bit more than 1:40, 1:20 still isn't much. Anyway, 1:40 is easier still.

bathroom-waste.jpg

1:40 is rule of thumb, too steep, (or too shallow), and, as Nige says, the water can run away leaving the solids behind. Use access bends to allow for future maintenance, and I dont see it being a problem. Lovely diagram too, thank you. Makes life so much easier to visualise what you're planning to do. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back