Toilet Outlet Extender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone out there has some idea how to solve me problem.

I've just fixed toilet in place and attempted to connect the 90 degree connector to the soil stack (which is right in the corner of the room) and the connector falls short (Roughly 1 or 2 inches). I have attempted to force the connector at a odd angle but the seal doesn't look great and pops off.

Problem illustrated.

- Is there an toilet out to pan connection extender?
- 90 degree pan connecter that is longer??
- Can you link a straight connecter into a 90???

God knows why the toilet doesn't have a longer outlet, it seems strange that most toilets will fit against the wall and if the soil stack is inside the house it will be in the corner as is my case.

Rant over... Things I have tried.

I've tried a 90 (or 92.5) soil degree bend from the stack and straight connector into that. This method caused the connecter to be about 2 or 3 inches too long and would require the toilet away from back wall.

I've tried a flex connector, but due to the close proximity to the stack, I can't get the bends in and thus the seal to the toilet isn't made. The toilet is a tight fit in small the bathroom and space being a premium.

So at the moment I have a solution.

I twisted the stack connection roughly 10 degrees, A little pull and some fairy helped it move. I connected the flexy and took what ever bend could be made for the short distance and moved the toilet slightly to the right.
The seal seems in tack, so this is my option at the moment but i'd soon use non flexible connecter as I've read some people don't like them.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Perhaps some pics would help?
From what i can gather, you seem to have forced things a little. Sometimes you have to strongarm stuff but not if simpler, easier ways are available.

HI Ree,

I haven't got any pictures of the connector being a little short but I do have some of the current setup which may (with the diagram) help show the angles i'm working with.

Shows the soil stack twisted to accommodate flexy. Plus show good seal to pan.

The tile is not yet on the back wall, which means it'll be pushed out only further.

Second image shows the seal on the left side (Pencil mark is three quarters from the end, so more than half is sealed. However when the tile is on the back wall I expect this to decrease.

Third image is general view, hopefully showing soil twist angle (roughly 10 degrees) to make the flexi a viable option. Due to the tight fit, there isn't a great deal of flex in the flex.

Once the tile is on the wall, if this option fails, I need something else or the wife is going to give me hell when I go for option number three again.

. Also being slightly OCD I like neat corners, so was looking for a 90 degree option.

Hi NewGasInstaller.

Thanks for the advice, I have this exact piece from WICKES, including the 90 degree version.
I did think of doing this, I just was unsure this would
- Seal
- Look right.

I wont make any cuts just yet, as I will wait for tile to be on the wall.

with your experience of doing this many times, did you apply any silicon between the connectors, or was the seal spot on without it?

Thanks

Tone.

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't need any silicon if all fits ok.

Test by flushing the toilet and hoping for the best :LOL: :LOL:

In your last pic the floor (at the wall) appears to be dropping from left to right - maybe its the camera angle or a sloping pipeline?

Given that your pan is not in its final position until the wall and floor are tiled, then you could leave the present arrangement as it is - there's plenty of play in it - and wait and see?
Dont fix the WC to the floor or wall yet, maybe a few dabs of silicone to hold it to the tile for a few weeks.

If it leaks then go for the best, but more expensive, option given above.

Thanks guys.

The toilet is staying with the current configuration until the tiling is done.
Then I'm hoping to twist the soil back (hopefully no 20 year old creaking sounds this time) and try the non-flexy approach first.

As with the best things in life go in dry!!

Brilliant.

Many thanks to you all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back