Connecting bottom outlet toilet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have two possible solution in mind for my new BO toilet connection to soil/waste. It's a Twyford Alcona.

1) 90 degree pan connector straight onto the bottom of the loo, into soil/waste pipe running between joists.... and so on.

This sort of thing would give me the "head height" to clear floorboards and enable a secure connection to the pan.

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/wc-...length-extended-inlet-rigid-wc-connector.html

2) Short pan connector into short straight, into bend into soil pipe running slightly lower between joists.... etc.

Have some flexibility as the ceiling(s) below (porch and downstairs toilet) are low, having an 11" void between them and the bottom of the joists above.

Can't really think of any reasons not to go with option 1. Less connections to spring leaks, less faffing around with additional pipe-ery. Only additional foible I can think of is regarding angle of the waste/soil pipe. It's got to clear the joists at the far end to bend into the soil stack. So possibly one additional connection to allow a little more slope without compromising the initial connection to the loo.

J.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't want any push connection in the floor void, personally would use solvent weld joints in floor void and rising to above floor level to allow for pan connector.
The floor void would need to be free from frost or pipes insulated.

I wouldn't want any push connection in the floor void, personally would use solvent weld joints in floor void and rising to above floor level to allow for pan connector.
The floor void would need to be free from frost or pipes insulated.

That would be option 3 then. Appears to be a better solution and gives me more room to play with pipe angles. The overall route is 2M across room between joists, 90 degree bend under joists, 2M to soil stack, again, under joists. Neighbour has almost identical solution in place due to a similar bathroom re-modelling.

Cheers,

J.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back