Toilet waste on incline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet is around 70cm away from the soil stack. It has a 90 degree pan connector at the back which connects to a small section of 110mm pipe before it connects into an elbow and then finally, into the soil pipe.

The 70cm run is on a slight incline. Around 7cm lower at the toilet, than the other end. Will that be okay, given the pressure generated by a flush?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
7cm, (70mm), is just short of 3" so no, I don't think it will be ok, (I could be wrong).
I think there is a danger of the foul waste possibly flowing back into the pan. It will also raise the seal level a bit.
The reason I say this is because we had a similar situation in one of the college toilets and we were forever getting called to unblock it.
Ended up calling in the external plumbers because it was too much for me to try and tackle due to my health problems.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You've more chance of finding an honest Politician, than that working.

Soil pipe needs to be on a minimum of 1:100 Fall away from the WC.

Only thing guaranteed about a soil pipe going uphill is, it will block. And quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back