toilet rocks, floor not level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After finally fitting my toilet without it leaking!! i've found it rocks on my tiled floor, pivoting between the 2 screws which hold it down. Could anybody help me with what to do about it, should i pack it out with gripfill or silicone sealant?

Sponsored Links
I would mix a little cement and carefully fill the gaps on each side, once dry then silicone over.

If you just silicone the gaps it won't do much as silicone moves.

Moggie x

Thanks for the advice, i'll try a little cement at the weekend and see how i get on. :)

Sponsored Links
Plumbinga a nightmare i thought i'd save myself a bit of money by putting a new bathroom suite myself and it's given me all sorts of problems!! Still on the brightside i'm learning a lot.

Hi there
Take the pan out and bed it on rapid set cement. No need to screw to the floor then.

Use the plastic wedges that the Glazing people use. Push the wedge between toilet and floor to stabalise the toilet, trim any exposed wedge and then carefully seal around the gaps to conceal the wedges. You don't need to remove the toilet then. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back