Toilet seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone with experience tell me what is the easiest way to replace a toilet waste pipe seal without removing the toilet.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry to butt in but I have a question also and I think if somebody answers GeeMans question they could probably answer mine....

I bought into my current house about a year ago. When I moved in somebody (a botcher) had "renovated" the bathroom not too long ago. After a few months a leak started in the join between the outside wastpipe and the toilet waste pipe. I think its due to the outside waste pipe meeting the toilet at an angle, ie the outside pipe is lower than the toilet pipe as can be seen. Now even I know that its difficult to get a good seal if the pipes are not lined up correctly. They have just bodged it.

Anyways I did manage too seal it with some white sealant, well it doesnt drip no more! But it does smell a bit!! Now I think maybe its due to the contanimation getting into the bandage stuff that they've used but who knows it may have a very small leak.

So what do I do? I know you can get adjustable interfaces between the two pipes to take account for the angle but all the ones Ive seen are quite long and as you can see there aint much room between the outside pipe and the toilet. Is it a hard job to fix, do I need a plumber? Anyhelp will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back