toilet seat problem

cmh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am REALLY struggling to find a new toilet seat as the hinges on mine have gone. I do not know the make of the toilet unfortunately. The problem I have is that the fitting holes are wide apart and nothing in the shops or what I've seen on the web seem to fit or adjust to fit. The holes are 230/240mm apart.

Can you help?

Yours gratefully.

Claire.

Sponsored Links
I thought I would have a problem, finding a seat to fit mine, but there appears to be so much adjustment on them. Have you asked in a plumbers merchant or only looked?

• Thanks
Reactions: cmh
I haven't actually asked in a plumbers merchant so that's a good next step. Were the holes in your pan as wide apart as mine?

I haven't actually asked in a plumbers merchant so that's a good next step. Were the holes in your pan as wide apart as mine?

I didnt measure, my problem was getting the seat forward away from the tank

Sponsored Links
Most seats seem to have a 150mm spacing...however, not all hinges have a bar that connects them together, but are two separate hinges.
How about new hinges, same seat?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back