Toilet seat - unable to access bolts from above

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having hard time figuring out how to access the bolts from above on this toilet seat. As you can see in the picture, there are no bolt covers behind the seat so that you can pop them out, just like on many other toilet seats. In another picture you can see that I removed a plastic piece that sticked between the hinge and the bowl. I thought this might have helped me remove some other plastic parts so I could access the bolt, but I couldn't figure it out from there (the last picture). Is there anyone who could help me with this issue? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20211217_180633.jpg
    IMG_20211217_180633.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20211217_180710.jpg
    IMG_20211217_180710.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20211217_182101.jpg
    IMG_20211217_182101.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 95
Sponsored Links
You need to slide the seat off the brackets first. If I remember with that one, there are clips you need to press/lift and then the seat slides forward. As you can see from pic 3, the seat brackets slip into the clips either side, that are screwed to the pan. Some had lock tabs that need to lift/move 1st before it would slide, others didn't.

I'd also look at the tabs in the slots either side of the brackets, they may be levers that unlock each side.

You need to slide the seat off the brackets first. If I remember with that one, there are clips you need to press/lift and then the seat slides forward. As you can see from pic 3, the seat brackets slip into the clips either side, that are screwed to the pan. Some had lock tabs that need to lift/move 1st before it would slide, others didn't.

I'd also look at the tabs in the slots either side of the brackets, they may be levers that unlock each side.

I see what you mean, but I can't seem to lift/press any of those parts inside. Simply sliding the toilet seat forward didn't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back