Toilet Seats...anyone recognise this type of hinge?

29 Jun 2012
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Having moved in a house-of-horrors...even replacing a toilet seat is turning into a headache!.

There's no access to the rear of the toilet (without presumably removing it off the wall) and so there's no way to access the traditional wing-nuts on the back of the toilet seat fixings - so I presume I have a top-fixing toilet seat - the problem being the top-fixing seats I've seen seem to have yet a different type of fixing to the one I have?! With mine there's a screw/bolt which passes down through the hinge from above and tightens into what I presume is a well-nut in the pan....I've got pics to make it clearer.

Unscrewing the two vertical screws all the way out and the seat comes off simply...but I'm struggling to find a seat which fixes on the same way. Any idea's guys? View media item 47683 View media item 47684 View media item 47685 View media item 47686
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links