fitting a toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i tried to fit a new toilet seat
the old one had screws from the top and connected to nuts in the void at the back of the unit so that the seat could be removed easily from the top using a screwdriver
the new one doesnt have this arrangement but has studs fixed to the hinges and plastic nuts to fit in the void and tightened by fingers
the space to do this is quite tight and so the seat is slack

my toilet is quite modern and i feel only certain toilet seats will be able to be fitted if they have the tightening method at the top.

i dropped a plastic nut during the process and it took me quite some time to get it back out of the void

the toilet is very swish but an absolute nightmare to fit the bottom tightening type of toilet seat

can anyone suggest what type of replacement i require...ie what is it called and what type of pan do i have that requires this type of seat

hoping that is clear...1 1/2 hours to fit a seat...NOT!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back