toilet sink installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I have an oddly laid out flat.

I have a separate bathroom & toilet that are at opposite ends of the flat. My toilet has no wash hand basin & I wish to install a small corner basin, however, I have no idea about plumbing this in.

My bathroom is next to the kitchen & obviously all the pipes are at that end of the flat.

Would it be possible to install a small sink using just cold water that supplies the toilet flusher, & a waste pipe running back to the toilet in some way?

Think it would be very difficult to hook the basin up with the rest of the plumbing, but I really dont know. sorry for the stupid questions!

Sponsored Links
You may be able to change the connector between the pan and soil pipe for one fitted with a boss to accept the basin waste,
44937.jpg

Straight and right angle forms are available

Or fit a strap boss on the soil pipe
28589.jpg

You need to cut an appropriate size hole in the soil pipe. The basin waste fits into the boss with an appropriate sized rubber insert (usually 32mm).

You may end up needing an anti-vac basin trap to stop the toilet drawing the water from the basin trap when it's flushed. Some behave themselves without, and others don't.

Tee off the cold water feed to the cistern for the cold tap.
Have you considered an over-sink water heater for hot water?
p4778311_l.jpg

they tee into the cold water feed, and provide enough hot water for hand washing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back