toilet siphon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all :)

I have looked through the forums, but i cant find the answer to my question so i thought i would register and post my question.

I dont know if it is relevant but I am a fairly new plumber (only been qualififed for 2 or 3 years now), and i have mainly been invovled in new builds and refurbs.

Ok so i have a little trouble on an awkward job at the moment, i need to replace a toilet siphon, and the cistern is about 10 - 15 years old, the problem i am having is the cistern is to small to accomodate the new style siphons.

I have tried a couple of different new siphons, basically all around the same size, but as said none of them will fit, here is a link to the siphon i mean.

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...tton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submit

I have noticed fluidmaster do a siphon that would probally fit, here is the link to one

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...ster&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&isSearch=true

But as i have never used one of these fluid master siphons before i am just looking for some advice, on wheather the fluidmaster siphon would be a good move. Or any other alternative any of you would suggest?

I realise the cistern dimensions would help, and once i get on site i will post the dimensions, but in the meantime does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
hi :)

The dimensions for the cistern are

300mm in length
300mm in height
150mm in width

From the centre of the siphon cut out to the wall of the cistern is approx 150mm, but obviously i also need clearance for bottom fed float valve, and the fixing bolts and wingnuts to fix the the cistern to the pan.

I realise pictures might also help, but unfortunately that is way past my computer skills :D

I look forward to your guys advice :)

Cheers

I've got a MacDee 2 part syphon on the van, its their 'D-shape' one I think I got it from plumb center, I remember using it a tiny little cistern a while back, give that a go.

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the replies guys :)

I will look into the siphons you mentioned.

I did want to just replace the diaphram but i couldnt get hold of one from plumb centre/city plumbing etc :p any ideas where else i could try and source one from?

Cheers

Hi, thanks for the replies guys :)

but i couldnt get hold of one from plumb centre/city plumbing etc :p any ideas where else i could try and source one from?

Cheers
make one out of a fertiliser sack :LOL: or a bit of Visqueen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back