TOILET WILL NOT FLUSH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,
have to crank my toilet lever several times before i can flush my toilet.i believe my siphon needs replacing.howver i am not sure if my siphon is a two part siphon in which case i dont have to remove the whole cistern from the wall and disconnect the water supply. i am obvoiusly not a plumber so my diagnosis may be completely wrong.

can someone please have a look at the picture below and advice me please

1.do i need to re place the whole siphon?if so how

2.can i repair the siphon and not remove the whole cistern? if so how do i dismantle the siphon?

please let me know your comments .many thanks
:confused:

Sponsored Links
IMG_1151.jpg

Looks like it IS a 2 part syphon.

If you undo the blue nut and disconnect the flush assembly you can withdraw it out and inspect the diaphram which will probably need replacing.

Take it to a plumbers merchant who will sort you one out. :D

Sponsored Links
If you can't get a replacement diaphragm it is possible to make one from a heavy gauge plastic bag or rubble sack cut to the shape of the old one.

many thanks guys. managed to fix it.took your advice Tickly T, and cut out a plastic folder.did the job . thanks.most appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back