Toilet Soil Pipe - how many bends?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move our downstairs toilet, I have two positions it can go in.

One position is very easy to do but makes the rest of the layout awkward, the other position is harder to do but makes the rest of the layout very easy and would be the prefered option.

Option one would be a straight pipe out of the back of the toilet, with a right angle going down into the floor.

Option two would be a right angle on the back of the toilet going left, then another right angle going left, then another right angle to go down, for this I would be turning the toilet round 90 degrees. Would it be OK to have this many right angles?

I have a bit of a drop before I get to the hole in the floor. The hole will be approx 15cm below the base of the toilet

Sponsored Links
It depends partly on the overall length of the branch run, which must not be more than six metres. There's no guidance on bends AFAIK but 0.5m per bend reduction would be sensible I should think.

Depends, what does your diet consist of?

Nothing that comes out 4" wide!! :LOL: :eek:

The distances wouldn't be far, it would be a right angle pan connector, then approx 40cm of pipe, then a right angle connector probably pointing downwards a bit, approx 30cm of pipe then if it'll fit a 135 degree connector going into the hole in the ground. The centre of the hole of the exit of the toilet is 32cm above the hole in the ground.

Does that all sound do-able!?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back