Toilet pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've purchased a vanity unit which came with a back to wall toilet.

The vanity unit is 300mm deep and the toilet obviously sits infront. The waste outlet from the toilet is flush with the rear of the toilet so the pan connector needs pushing quite a way in.

My waste pipe is to the side so the waste needs to come out at a right angle. I can't use the type that was on the old toilet (plain right angle) as it won't go back far enough.

What is the best way to deal with this?

I could either use a straight extension piece, going into a right angle, which then goes into the waste pipe. (This would work but I would prefer to have the least number of joints possible.)

Or I could use one of those flexible pan connectors - I'd have to use a straight one and bend it round in the flexible part. Would this work? (This would reduce the connections if they are flexible enough to bend round like this and the flexible part would help with installing the toilet - however I'm not keen on the thought of how much muck the concertina parts would collect!)

How would you do this?

Sponsored Links
As long as there is a suitbale fall then a 6L flush should be ok and keep a fexi connector as clean as possible. Sometime there is no solution using normal smooth connectors and a flexible one is the only one that will do the job. Hence why they were designed I guess.
If you use a back to the wall flexi connector, it has a large jubilee clip to allow it to be connected to the spigot and move the pan into position without the risk of it shifting.

Excellent - thank you. I have ordered the type with the jubilee clip.

Flexi pan con?..professional job then?
Ive not yet had to use a flexi pan con and I've had some PITA pans to fit over the years.
Industry gone to the dogs.

Sponsored Links
Using a flexi connector is just as professional as using any other connector IMO. If it's installed correctly and functions as designed then I'd call that as professional as any other solution.
I'd love to know why using an item that makes installation a lot less hassle is considered as non professional when they've been invented for just that reason, for professionals to use, to keep in step with appliance technology and complex bathroom designs.
I'm sure that the hundreds of thousands of pounds spent on development of these types of solutions by all the major suppliers was done just for them to be classed as unprofessional.
I'll bet that before plastic connectors were developed that the older 'professionals' slated them as unprofessional when they appeared on the scene. It's always the same when new solutions appear.

Last edited:
Flexi pan cons are prone to blockage due to the ribbed internal surface , these are also installed mainly by the do it yourself brigade who have no clue whatsoever with regard to correct gradients , paper and shyte collect in the ribs which causes blockages.
Most flexi pan cons I see fitted rise up above the outlet of pan.......you can always tell when the water level in pan sits a good few inches higher than norm.:ROFLMAO:

I went the same route and just got a new bit of pipe to connect the pan outlet to the existing 90 bend. Just cut it to fit as it was all push fit.

90854-4c45b6edf9024456775fef561556b5fa.jpg

From tool station and less than a fiver.

Strange that, been using flexi connectors (professionally :sneaky:) where necessary for years now with no calls backs, must just be me then. If they are fitted correctly, have the correct fall and are sized correctly then they perform without issue. Especially the McAlpine ones who's ribs are quite low profile when the connector is extended correctly.
I reckon I've had more calls to rigid 90deg bends that have become blocked due to the tight radius stuffed with paper, than flexi's that typically have a wider radius.

Hey Madrab , "professionally" and "flexi pan con" in the same sentence?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've read some of your posting..:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back