Toilet valve issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an old house and the previous owner decided to kit it out with authentic antique plumbing. Although the pipework is relatively new, the fittings are all brass antique fittings. Added to which we have really high water pressure and hard water which means everything lime-scales up really quickly. Nightmare! My current problem is the toilet valve. It looks ancient to me and has a side ball valve fitted (all lime scaled!). It has recently started to overfill resulting in water trickling out of the overflow and down the side of the house! Basically to stop it doing this I have to stand there til it's filled up and adjust the ball to make it stop which is a bit annoying! Ive tried bending the arm but I'm worried its going to snap off! And the whole thing is very noisy.

Advice welcome! And if the valve needs replacing I'm not sure which is best and how I would know what size to get. And are they straightforward to fit? Help! I've tried to add a photo but I'm not sure if it worked.
View media item 51980

Sponsored Links
You might get away with fitting a Fluidmaster PRO75B, which could help with the noise problem, too.
fluidmaster-pro75b-side-entry-float-valve-1-2-brass-shank-07002412-261-p.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back