toilet waste soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all wanting to modernise the downstairs toilet want to turn it 90 degrees its on an external wall into the garage
so turn toilet dig up garage floor and run new soil pipe and break into manhole 3 metres away simple
now do I need building regs or a notice
also whilst im on if I branch the toilet into a vertical soil pipe can I connect the upstairs toilet into the same pipe its approx. 8ft from the proposed new soil pipe
many thanks

Sponsored Links
I believe that any works to drainage are notifiable; there's a raft of stuff you need to comply with in Document H of the building regs and the local authority will want to ensure that works do not create a hazard to health

Two toilets can each be directly connected to one vertical vent stack and won't interfere (though there are regs to follow in relation to the vertical separation of the connecting branches when doing this), but if two toilets were to be connected on one horizontal pipe suitable vents would have to be installed between the toilets, otherwise the flushing of one could siphon all the water out of the other toilet, resulting in it venting sewer gases into the property. Ask your LABC; theyre there to ensure a job gets done properly, rather than be a thorn in your side

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back