Toilet Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have replaced three toilet bowls and cisterns over the last 7 years. I had to remove the bathroom one because of a leak on the inlet side (don't ask why that is a much longer story). When I have replaced it temporarily I noticed that the outlet where it joins the plastic waste pipe was leaking, very slightly. I checked that the rubber seal was in good condition and that it was fitted properly - seems to be - but still this minimal leak. I have always been dubious that just pushing it on did not seem particularly secure but figured that was the way it was. The connecting pipe has a good fall. The only thing I can think of is that the point where the porcelain meets plastic and rubber was/is fouled after some years usage and maybe that has caused the rubber to not give the necessary seal. Or should I have put some additional sealant at that joint? Or any other ideas? Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back