Toilet water query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, my questions relates to my toilet and the water in it.
I live in a multi-storey complex and anytime my neighbour upstairs flushes his/her toilet the water in my toilet vibrates and moves around as if I lightly flushed it, is this normal?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You'll have a shared soil pipe, and when your upstairs neighbour flushes his toilet, it creates a vacuum as it goes past your soil pipe. Now if you've got an open vent pipe, then it shouldn't really do it, so it suggests there may be an AAV in or above his propety instead. So what's the setup then.

Why are you spending time looking at the water in your toilet? Do you try and speak to god through it? :D

Sponsored Links
In a multi storey complex I don't think there will be any AAV's .However I'll bet there is a single stack system where technically it should have had a separate vent stack running parallel - Old Skool plumbing and think of the expense to the builder- :eek:

Don't you love these Diyers who come on here and ask advice, get tradesmen to answer their questions or ask for more info for them not to answer the question and never come back.

Andy

I always tell religious people, 'there's no-one up there'.

They don't find it funny but I do.

Andy

But... but... surely there's a plumbing God! I'm always praying to him :whistle:

Don't you love these Diyers who come on here and ask advice, get tradesmen to answer their questions or ask for more info for them not to answer the question and never come back.

Andy

He did only post yesterday some people do have lives outside of the internet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back