Toiletconnecting to the floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a small toilet room with a sewer hole in the floor, 12" off the wall.

I am trying to find a floor-connecting (close coupled) toilet to replace my old one, but have had no luck. All the toilets I see have a sewer outlet at the back, not at the bottom.

Is it possible to find a toilet with the sewer at the bottom? I would then fit a flange with a wax ring into the hole in the floor and install the toilet on top. I do not want to hang the water tank on the wall, I want it to be seating on the toilet.

Or is there any other way to fit a small (close coupled) toilet?

Sponsored Links
There are several variant depending on exactly what you want to achieve.

Thanks kbdiy

I looked into this option, but my only concern is the distance from the wall. If I will buy a standard toilet (with the waste at the back) and use this type of connection to the sewer. Would it not be too far from the wall? I mean wouldn't the water tank then be away from the wall?

Sponsored Links
There are several variant depending on exactly what you want to achieve.

Thanks kbdiy

I looked into this option, but my only concern is the distance from the wall. If I will buy a standard toilet (with the waste at the back) and use this type of connection to the sewer. Would it not be too far from the wall? I mean wouldn't the water tank then be away from the wall?

There are a whole variety of different pan connectors, have browse of Mcalpine and Multikwik's websites.

This design would probably suit your purpose better

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-wc-conq-90-space-saving-pan-connector-110mm-outlet/23036

What toilet was there before? if it was a low level one (cistern connected to pan with a pipe) then the gap between the wall and where the cistern will be will probably be to big for a close coupled.

What toilet was there before? if it was a low level one (cistern connected to pan with a pipe) then the gap between the wall and where the cistern will be will probably be to big for a close coupled.

Thanks,

Yes, there was the one connected with a pipe. The holw is 12" away from the wall, does this tell anything, is it a standard, and is it too far for close coupled?

box the space behind the new cistern in, job done
and a nice shelf for stacking spare loo rolls.

Just make sure the door will clear the pan and seat if it over hangs.

Thanks,

Yes, there was the one connected with a pipe. The holw is 12" away from the wall, does this tell anything, is it a standard, and is it too far for close coupled?

Well, you can check by looking up measurements on manufacturers websites, but the cistern is much closer to the pan than low level ones.

Boxing in behind as suggested above is the best option if you want to go close coupled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back