Toilets Closed During COVID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can it be that cafes in parks can serve food and drinks, but all the toilets are closed?

I have medical conditions and can sometimes need a loo at the drop of a hat.

So I go to the cafe in the park and all the loos are shut. I show them a copy of my blue badge and my "Please let me use the loo, I have a medical condition" card and they refuse saying that the toilets have been shut to help curb the spread of COVID and if the Council found out I had used them, they would be shut down.

By this time, I'm desperate and tell them I will put myself at risk of prosecution by peeing in a bush, which is what I had to do.

Later, I see the same staff taking cash and "showing" a customer a packet of food, which consisted of them giving the packet to the customer the customer handling it, then passing it back to be placed back in the freezer!

And that is curbing the spread of COVID?

I don't think it right that cafes should be open without toilets being open too.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
There is no logic nor sense to it. Rules are rules.

I suppose now you and others know, you won't use the cafe.

Toilet curfew.

Sponsored Links
One article I read, a chartered environmental health practitioner said that if you couldn't hold it in and do it when you got home, you shouldn't go out at all.

Not very helpful especially for those who have bladder complaints.

How can it be that cafes in parks can serve food and drinks, but all the toilets are closed?

Probably the caveys should all close. I thought by law they had to provide toilet facilities?

My coastal district includes a seaside area. The council closed all public WCs early in the pandemic, foolishly thinking it would discourage visitors.

Instead it resulted in public fouling of beaches, alleyways and verges.

They are now re-opened in the interests of public health.

There are also a lot of older people, many of whom have various ailments and disabilities.

Covid is being used as an excuse.
Public toilets are amongst the first things to get closed when councils want to save money.
Not having the toilets open means they can save money by not having to restock and clean them.

Local pubs with car parks/beer gardens have removed outside bins claiming covid - heck knows why?
I once managed to get our local park to install a radar lock on the park toilets that were always locked, but the damn bowling club complained and it got changed back. :(
So yes now if I'm desperate ill go pee in the bushes, I can then walk out with dog ball in hand saying "found it" :)

Sponsored Links
Back