Toilets with side waste pipes - how can i replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old white toilet with a side waste pipe that goes out to the right (as you are sat on it). Do you know where i can get a new one with a side waste pipe?

I dont want to have to turn the toilet round into a different position if i repace it, and i dont think there is enough room for one of those bendy pipes between the two - or if there is it would be at nearly an 'S' shaped angle and i dont know if the water would flow properly.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Will a pan connecter not do as it can turn to the left or right and downhill :confused:

As Bahco said.
This will make your pan turn anyway you want it :D
p1071931_l.jpg

Thanks for your advice - i have looked at these pipes in the picture you sent in some of the plumbers merchants - but the problem seems to be that the soil pipe going out of the wall is for example a foot away from the back wall where the cystern is, but the back of the current toilet is only about 6 inches away - its a really weird shape! - so these 'right angle' pipes wont bend round from the back of the toilet to the side waste pipe - unless i get one of these and one of those flexible bendy pipes - but will then water go out OK if its more of an 'S' shape?

Sponsored Links
the waste water will flush away if you bend the flexiable waste pipe in a S shape as you say. it will flush away as long as the pipe isnt running at an incline, just as long as the flexible watse pipe is either in a downward or a horizontal postion.

Thanks for your help - now that i know the water will flush away - i think i will take the plunge so to speak and try and buy a new loo - wish me luck (and no leaks!!)

Hi
I have the same probem that you did. I would like to find a side waste toilet. Did you ever find one?

Search for turn pan toilets. They have a waste spigot that comes out the back and the sweeps 90 degrees to the left or right. The other option is a two part pan where the spigot can be rotated to any position you want.

The turn pan toilets are about 125 quid as I bought one last week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back