Toilet waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move a toilet 6 inches to the left, and best thing to do with the waste pipe seems to cut it back to the wall, as it sticks out about 8 inches, then use one of those bendy waste pipe connectors. Thing is its an old victorian house and I am not even sure what the waste pipe is made of or how to shorten it. If it were modern plastic there would be no problem but it looks old and I don't want to mess it up. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Give us a clue .If it aint plastic, it could be cast iron,various sizes. lead. asbestos/cement. :?: :LOL:

Thats the thing I don't know what its made of, I will test it with a magnet to see if its iron...can I post pictures on here, that may help?

it looks like 3 inches of 4.75 dia lead coming out of the wall attached to 5 inches of 4.25 dia iron, then the toilet attaches to a white plastic sleeve on the cast iron. took a pic but don't know how to put it on. I really could just do with shortening it back to the lead. :eek:[/img][/list]

Sponsored Links
the most grief is going to be connecting to the lead :cry: but I appreciate you need to get a connection near to the wall...........I would consider going through the wall ,removing old pipe, and making a connection outside.maybe the mods. could tell you how to load a pic. :?: would help a lot ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back