Toilet Waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to replace my bathroom suite. Its about 40 odd years old. The toilet has a vertical waste pipe and dissapear under the floorboards. All new cheap suites seem to have a horizontal waste pipe.

I have already asked plumbers about this. Apparently I have a few options. I may also have a cast iron soil stack (this is inside boxed in):

1) Bring new toilet futher forward using a 90 degree waste pipe into existing waste into floor. Then I would have to box in behind toilet to make up the gap.

2) Swap the position of the basin and toilet (ideally with a vanity unit to hide new waste pipe.

3) Cut out a section of the soil stack, replace with plastic section and position new toilet and waste pipe as required into new soil stack section.

I was told options 1 and 2 would be the easier and cheaper options. Option 3 would involve a lot more work and cost.

Its only a small bathroom and I dont want to pay too much for a suite. I could probably replace the basin and bath myself.

Has anybody else had this issue with waste pipes from toilets. Im not sure which option to go with. I know a new section of soil pipe would be the best option but with will involve roof tiles and reflashing etc.. bit too much work.

I know you can also get flexiable waste pipes but would maybe prefer something more reliable.

Any help/advise appriciated.

Regards,
Paul

Sponsored Links
paul2007 said:
Has anybody else had this issue with waste pipes from toilets.
Yes - it crops up all the time.

What's the distance between the wall and the centre of the hole in the floor.

Softus said:
paul2007 said:
Has anybody else had this issue with waste pipes from toilets.
Yes - it crops up all the time.

What's the distance between the wall and the centre of the hole in the floor.

Theres about 9 inches from wall to centre of waste pipe going into the floor boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back