Tongue and Groove Solid Wood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking round for wooden flooring and was set on the click type as this is what I have put down before. However, all the flooring I like seems to be tongue and groove so I have decided to go this route and take a bit longer to lay it. It will be laid on a solid floor with underlay and will be glued at the edges. Is there any problem with laying a glued up floor on thickish underlay that will have some degree of flex. Will the wooden floor have enough flex for the underlay or is this not an issue?

Sponsored Links
If you are looking at a Solid Floor do not put it on underlay, you have no guarantee and you will be asking for problems.

I would recommend Engineered or Multiply, boards are a lot more stable and you will be fully guaranteed floating on underlay

I agree with Floorsave...try engineered wood floor. It is usually installed as floating and can be easily removed.You can have underlay - improves sound-proofing and thermal insulation.Plus it is recommended for concrete floors, where temperature and moisture resistance is required. It's not a benefit on plied, chip boarded or other wooden subfloors. I don't know if you are doing this on your own, but experienced wood floor fitters will probably help you a lot and give you valuable advice, I am just a newcommer :)

I hope this tip helps :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back