Tonight BBC2 .What makes Germany a success ?

M

midge123

I know why. Respect . I,ve been their quite a bit and have experienced things that I have never seen here. I have visited automotive workshops bike and car. The first thing that hits you is the order and cleanliness of the garage. No oily rags and tools all over the place and no grubby work surfaces walls or floors. They never rush and everything is done in a methodical manner. Robotic you will say. I don't think so. The result being it gets done properly and correctly with no time wasting. It is said they have no sense of humour, don't you believe it and anyone who likes Benny Hill can't be bad. Would I like to live there ? yes. Would I get on with the German way? probably not. That's probably why they succeed and we don't

Sponsored Links
I agree completely. I know that some older people, those old enough to have experienced the Second World War, detest the Germans. Nevertheless, I have a great deal of respect for them for the reasons you give.

The sad thing is that we could have been just as efficient and successful were it not for certain selfish ****-stirring people.

Well there you go £609 gross per week for machine minding at 40 hr

Nah,,, completely wrong.. For a country to become highly successful, all they have to do is start a world war,,,,, Keep it going for 5 or 6 yrs , then lose. 40 or so years later,,,, viola,, your country will be one of the successes of the modern world. ;)

Sponsored Links
I lived there for 7yrs, the only things I miss are the girls and gluwein!

It is not all roses I can assure you, it is on the brink of being a police state.

The average German is both idle and a pi55 artist!

The Turks do all the work.

On the sites the Brits were by far the fastest bricklayers.

I had a Laverda 1000 when I left the RAF, I thought I would get German registration for it, they found more than 50 faults with a standard bike that I purchased in the UK, the most stupid was I had the wrong tyres, I had the best money could buy back then, Dunlop Red Arrows, but because they were not OE they failed.

They are brainwashed, they maintain the best car is a Merc, the German car magazine did a vote for the best car on the market, 1977ish and they voted the Merc 500, even though it was not in production at the time.

They also tried to ban the Jaguar because they insisted the body work at the rear was to sharp and someone could get injured in an accident http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...edcars/model/xjs/make/jaguar/page/1?logcode=p but then it was pointed out that the VW Passat was nearly identical.

It is true! They have no sense off humour, it has to be very basic for them to understand.

Me and a mate were doing some building work at VW in Kassel, the security guy asked my mate for his name so he replied Peter Schmueker, which was the same as marching into Ford and claiming to be Henry Ford, the security guy was almost finished writing before he twigged, he threw his pen across the the room and stormed out stating he would have nothing more to do with us.

I can assure you that their mentality is very different to ours.

The girls lie about being on the pill!! :eek: :eek:

And they are so arrogant, apart from the girls...:cool: :cool:

Blimey you must have had the wrong preconception before you went. If you sell successful cars while others fail it is easy to be critical, especially when you havn't got one. If some foreigner came to my country and gave me the 'Peter' thing I'd be ****ed, and a security bod what did you expect, they're bad wherever. **** artists no diff from here, other than drinking splendid pop and not beating people up after a skin full. The women ,I love them, not as much as the Italians tho. Yes the turks do all the crap work.
Can't be that bad or they'd go home.

I forgot to mention your Jota, I take it, it was. Vehicle makers have recommendations as to tyres etc , the Germans stick by them. I have owned many and ridden many again and some machines don't handle quite the same. Deny this. I have come up against this tyre thing in Germany. My way out of the prob was to explain I was a tourist and on my way home. don't take much

Back