tonight's game.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's gonna be a funny old game tonight.

Whoever wins between Sweden and England will almost certainly meet Germany in the knock-out round - and exit the tournament.

So neither really want to win as they'll then meet Equador.

So what will the score be? 1-1 is my prediction but I'm not sure how that will affect the group and who goes through.

One chance we do have is that we haven't beaten Sweden for 38 years - so we can safely throw the game and no-one will notice.

Why is it that a country with a population less than the population of Greater London can beat us decade after decade?

Is that why we have a Swedish coach?

joe

Sponsored Links
I wonder if the players believe their own hype whilst playing the crap teams and then can't deliver when up against a good team?

joe-90 said:

Whoever wins between Sweden and England will almost certainly meet Germany in the knock-out round - and exit the tournament.

so your real prediction is that Germany will lose from Ecuador? = Ecudar groupwinner A meets runner-up Group B.

kendor said:
I wonder if the players believe their own hype whilst playing the rubbish teams and then can't deliver when up against a good team?

a good point Kendor, we are brainwashed by all the media etc that we have the best players, they all talk a good game but now the talikng has got to stop :!: can they deliver :?: simple no from me

i hear you can get 250 - 1 for Sven G watsit to forget and sing the sweden anthem well i wouldnt be suprised he didnt even know what day it was at yesterdays press conference :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I have noticed that the England flags are quietly disapearing from peoples cars and windows

I have noticed that the England flags are quietly disapearing from peoples cars and windows
nah.. thats just cos they are breaking off... seen how many there are on the hard shoulder?... had one hit my car last week...grrr

WoodYouLike said:
joe-90 said:

so your real prediction is that Germany will lose from Ecuador? = Ecudar groupwinner A meets runner-up Group B.

Sorry I assumed it was the group leaders that played each other.

So that makes it even worse!

We've got to beat a team that we haven't beat in 38 years or meet the Germans in the knock-out stage.

joe

Looks like Germany will Top their group so if we get beat tonight we play the Germans.

Think the German result is good for us as we will want to avoid them in the next round and thus be really up for it tonight.

Prediction 2-1 win

I've just heard that we only need draw against the Swedes to top the group so we should be OK.

joe

Doc Lenny said:
Looks like Germany will Top their group so if we get beat tonight we play the Germans.

Think the German result is good for us as we will want to avoid them in the next round and thus be really up for it tonight.
If that happens (and the Dutch team ends up runner-up Group C and wins the next game) England and the Dutch will meet 01.07.06 4pm in the Quarter final.
Looking forward to that :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back