Too long flue extension - ideas?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!

Basically i was getting a replacement combi fitted because the current location of my boilers does not meet building regs and so now my central heating boiler is broke.. it can't be repaired.. Anyway the problem is it is currently sticking the gases out into a covered passageway (carport style) between terrace houses. The gas man has said that 6m is too long for a flue extension on the Remeha boiler I was going to get.. Are there any other boilers I could consider or should I accept that its got to move and end up in a bedroom or the toilet and need a load more plumbing :(

Matt

Sponsored Links
If you go up to a 5" flue (5" kits are available for Remeha Avanta boilers) then you can go much further, so one option could be to increase flue size

MattK";p="1477285 said:
Help!!!

Basically i was getting a replacement combi fitted because the current location of my boilers does not meet building regs and so now my central heating boiler is broke.. it can't be repaired.. Anyway the problem is it is currently sticking the gases out into a covered passageway (carport style) between terrace houses. The gas man has said that 6m is too long for a flue extension on the Remeha boiler I was going to get.. Are there any other boilers I could consider or should I accept that its got to move and end up in a bedroom or the toilet and need a load more plumbing :(

my advice would be to get a "real" gas engineer, the most basic thing when measuring a job is to know your market and products so it should have been staright forward for them to advise you to enlarge flue

Matt

Have to agree with Kirk on this one.Engineers should know their market and should of advised accordingly.

What Remeha is it?Just done a 28c with a long flue run.Off the top of my head, think you can go 6m with the standard flue or 29m with the bigger one.

Graham

Sponsored Links
Hmmm.. The guy says its the flue management kits length that is the limiting factor.. I don't know much about what that means but the flue is currently straight into a passageway and thus not good..

He says Worcester max length is 4.5m
and Remeha 28 is 4m.

So i guess its because the flue management kit is running outside.. Could i run a flue inside for part the length and thus get the extra 2m i need for the exterior flue management kit to finish with the other 4m?

I know he understands what he is talking about but i like to be on the ball when spending my cash :) the alternative is a boiler in another room which i don't really fancy.
Cheers
Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back