Tool vest Vs tool belt

S

SammyInnit

I'm giving consideration to the above. I'm on a job that calls for me to up and down ladders and on and off steps all day.

I've just ordered some new utility trousers and a new bib and brace overall which have some level of versitility.

Does anyone use or recommend either?

I don't have a lot of hand tools on this current job but I do have a pair of impact drivers and a rotary hammer, all cordless.

Not sure it's possible but would be nice to some how have them all attached.

Sponsored Links
Ive found that a belt with any weight always seem to fall and drag aroung the hips which is most uncomfortable. I find that taking some of the weight with a heavy duty pair of braces like Tommy Walsh used to wear makes things a little more bearable. I have a tool vest which supports the weight better but the pockets dont sag out enough so its tight getting ones hands in them to remove things.
litl

I've ordered a cheap hi-viz tool vest off eBay just to see how it feels. I like the look of atlas 46 vests but the price has to be justified .

The vest are good for smallish tools, and the belts better for bigger one. A roofer using nails would use a belt, but an electrician might use a vest. I have 3 belts, and they all work differently, but going up and down ladders, you want a belt with side pockets more so than a front one.

Sponsored Links
The vest are good for smallish tools, and the belts better for bigger one. A roofer using nails would use a belt, but an electrician might use a vest. I have 3 belts, and they all work differently, but going up and down ladders, you want a belt with side pockets more so than a front one.

Well I'd deffinately want one with a yoke and I'm on the larger side around the middle so are there any belts you'd recommend as a starting point?

No, I've found they are all very particular, and just need trying. You'll find one that fits, and then once you've tried it for a few days, you'll find out what works for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back