Top letters to Viz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could the Home Secretary explain to me how biometric checks on iris patterns and fingerprints are going to help keep tabs on Muslim cleric Abu Hamsa?
Les Barnsley, Barnsley

"One pound a week will supply water for an entire village in Tanzania" says Oxfam. So how come United Utilities charge me twenty pounds a month for my three bedroom semi? The fleecing b@st@rds!!!

Tracey Cusick, Cumbria

So HMV consider Andy Williams and Dean Martin to be "easy listening" do they? Try telling that to my mate Andy. He's been deaf for 20 years.

Tim

7It's uncanny how some of these old sayings are true. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", said my wife as she waved goodbye to me on the way to spend a month with her mother. Since then I have grown quite fond of my next door neighbour. I actually gave her one on the living room carpet this morning.

Christopher Hampshire, Bristol

The government says that there are nearly 50,000 people with HIV in Britain, a third of who do not even know that they have it. Is it just me, or is it a bit harsh that the government know and haven't told the poor sods?

John Campbell

With reference to that series "Manhunt" where ex-Special Forces soldiers try to hunt down Andy McNab. Why don't the producers include a couple of Iraqis in the hunting team? They found the tw@t quickly
enough the last time he played hide and seek with them.

Shuggie

It's all very well Meg Ryan getting her kit off for her new film, but why wasn't she doing it twenty years ago before her puppies hit the pan?

Alan Pick, Kingston-upon-Toast

Hats off to the witty burglars who stole my entire CD collection with the exception of "There is Nothing Left to Lose" by the Foo Fighters. I hope that when sentencing, the judge takes into account their splendid sense of humour.

Chris Scaife, Jesmond

Hats off to the American police. They arrive at Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch to arrest him a mere six months after he admits climbing into bed with young boys on worldwide TV. Perhaps they should get some faster cars.

T Barnham, London

Sponsored Links
Not forgetting...

It's a shame Fred West is dead. He would have made a cracking Mungo Jerry on 'Stars In Your Eyes'.
Fish Kid

Last week I attended an AA meeting, and to my horror, each person present stood up and openly admitted to being an alcoholic. I'm not having these boastful drunkards repairing my car. I can only hope the RAC have more responsible employees.
Hugie Dixon, West Drayton

The saying goes, 'See a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck.' Well I beg to differ. I'm a matador, and whilst picking a penny up at work the other day I was badly gored in the anus. That's not good luck in my book.
Milos el Standish, Barcelona

They say that carbon monoxide is the silent killer in the home.
Not in my house it's not. It was my Husband Fred.

Rose West
Durhham

...and the slightly DIY relevant

I'm not surprised Ellen MacArthur's boat went in a great big circle around the world. I've bought lengths of wood from B&Q as well.

T Haliday, Shropshire

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Headline seen on the cover of Cream (similar to Viz) about 10 years ago.

Dil*os and Dil-don'ts: 20 things not to stick up your f**ny.

TraineeSpark
there was a handprinted mag going around Manchester years ago like viz ,when it was funny ,
but I cannot remember the name ...???
very wrong an would have the guy doing it jailed for life in these PC times but you could get it at street sellers with M.E.N then ..lol ....very funny :)

Sponsored Links
Moz, shame there aint more like the 1 you mention, nowadays. Down with PC, vivre la revolution.

TraineeSpark said:
Moz, shame there aint more like the 1 you mention, nowadays. Down with PC, vivre la revolution.
The fact that there may be rising tide of PC opinion does nothing to make Viz less funny. In fact, IMHO, it makes it more funny.

On almost same subject, do students still have their 'Rag week' and sell their 'Rag Mags'? They were always brilliant for sick humour but not seen one for quite a few years now :(

Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself, "Lillian, you should have remained a virgin."
- Lillian Carter (mother of President Jimmy Carter)

"I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalog: "No good in a bed, but fine against a wall."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Softus said:
TraineeSpark said:
The fact that there may be rising tide of PC opinion does nothing to make Viz less funny. In fact, IMHO, it makes it more funny.

I reckon PC is on the way out, or at least laying off a little bit. I don't reckon the BBC would've broadcast Little Britain ten years ago.

I've never read a single copy of Viz front to back without crying with laughter at least once. I could never read it on a train!

Sponsored Links
Back