Topping up Water Pressure - Biasi combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a biasi combi boiler (not certain of the model, but looking at the pictures on the biasi website it appears to be a Parva), and the water pressure has fallen to 0.2bar (!) (Very suddenly over the last week, until then it's sat just over 1 bar in the entire year and a bit that I've had it).

I've topped up water pressure on (older) boilers loads of times before - it's always been a simple matter of opening the valve on a water inlet until the guage hits the required pressure. But on this boiler, the PDF of the manual that I downloaded from biasi.com is telling me to fit a temporary hose between the cold water inlet and the ch return and open the valves on those pipes. I'm baffled - I don't have temporary hose, neither pipe seems to have any attachment that would allow me to fit such a hose even if I had it, and the ch return pipe doesn't have a valve to open either.

This looks like a job that's way beyond my capabilities as an ordinary homeowner and requires a gas engineer. But surely I'm not supposed to call out a gas engineer merely to top up water pressure? Am I? Have I misunderstood something?

Any pointers appreciated, ta!

Also, is it OK to leave the boiler running for a few days with that low pressure, until I can get the problem sorted, or is it dangerous/urgent/something that I must sort out asap?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
There should be a filling loop somewhere under your boiler.

If not straightway obvious, you may have to delve a bit deeper to find it ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back