Help Topping Up Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm having some difficulty topping up the water pressure in my boiler system and was wondering if anyone here could help.

I have an Ideal Mini C24 Combi boiler, and have only moved into the property 6 months ago.

After having bled the radiators, the pressure in the system has dropped to 0.6 Bar. Currently there haven't been any problems with the boiler, the central heating and hot water still work fine.

However, I am struggling to top up the pressure.

I have tried opening the valve (black handle) on the flexible silver coloured piping but there is no change in pressure and no sound of flowing water. I have also removed the handle and opened the valve with a spanner but still no change.

The valve furthest from the boiler on the same flexible silver piping is a non-return valve.

I have attached a pitcure of the pipework to the boiler if its any help.

Many thanks for any help/advice.

Govind

Sponsored Links
What you are doing should work in theory.

Are there any other isolation valves previous to that one? Hidden in a cupboard maybe or in the loft if your boiler is upstairs.

You could try loosening the nut on the isolation valve (on the flexi side) then turn the lever to see if any water comes out.

The property is a flat and there aren't any other isolation valves from what I can find. (There is a stop tap for the mains supply to the flat but nothing else).

I'll try loosening the nut when I can, just need to get hold of a spanner that fits first! Thanks for the advice, I'll post back with what happens.

In the mean time if there are any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I loosened the nut just below the black handled valve, and when the valve is opened water does leak out of it.

Are there any other nuts I can safely open on the flexi-hose to check where the problem lies?

Any further help would be appreciated.

I loosened the nut just below the black handled valve, and when the valve is opened water does leak out of it.

Are there any other nuts I can safely open on the flexi-hose to check where the problem lies?

Any further help would be appreciated.

Not really without some major water leakage. It sounds like you need to replace the flexi pipe but remember that the other side of the check valve is full of water and under some pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back