toroidal transformers

B

breezer

lost another "electronic transformer" this evening. I think this one must have been 6 years old so "its done well" however I am of the old school and of the opinion transformers should last for years and years.

I know this was an electronic transformer, so not a true transformer, and its about the longest one has lasted for, so i am contemplating changing to torodial transfomers that TLC supply.

my question is has anyone here tried the ones from TLC or a different supplier and if so what did you think to them.

Its no iltreatment, none have were / are in limited space or overrated, they just seem to fail as and when.

Sponsored Links
One piece of advice from experience using toroidials at work on dimmers was we found we had to uprate the toroidials output by three times ie from 250va to 750va in order to stop the primary windings failing due to the choppy waveform output of the dimmers this would even occur on "inductive load" dimmers.

Sponsored Links
oh. :eek:

no what i was expecting, but thanks very much, perhaps i will buy 1 and see what happens

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back