Tory party urges activists to campaign like Trump by ‘weaponising fake news’ and ‘fighting wokeism’

To be fair to Boris at least he's achieved something, and he's had the pandemic to deal with.

What did treason may do? Diddly squat,

Gordon brown ... Nothing

Boris only got the majority because there wasn't a serious alternative, labours policies were blatantly lies, planting a billion trees free internet for all, re-nationalising the energy sector etc.

As has been said, politics is all about lies and spin, they are all in it for there own greed and power, no one seriously believes they I tend on making a real difference.

The link isn't really news, it's just a new spin on it.

Politics is easy, just say the opposite to the other guy.

No its not. As much as I wasn't a big fan of Thatcher - her Government still did not push as many lies and swerve like this current Government.

So people knew they were lies from Labour and they deserved to lose the election but the lies from others are acceptable because we know they are lies. That makes no sense.

You can't call out what you consider as lies as being important and then say lies are not important.

These lies corrode trust in Government.

Sponsored Links
how many decades has it been like this, though?

there appears to be no sign of draining the swamp,

End FPTP as its too distionary.

Take money out of politics.

Have a less adversarial type of politics. Less representative and more involvement by the public.

Have a less adversarial type of politics. Less representative and more involvement by the public.

i'm in agreement, BUT who is out there willing to make this change? it's not the current crop of politicians whether it be labour or lib dems etc, the green party is full of loonies....

the future's not looking particuarly bright either, with extreme leftists and woke aplologists leaving school and uni's

the future is not looking very good.

No its not. As much as I wasn't a big fan of Thatcher - her Government still did not push as many lies and swerve like this current Government.

So people knew they were lies from Labour and they deserved to lose the election but the lies from others are acceptable because we know they are lies. That makes no sense.

You can't call out what you consider as lies as being important and then say lies are not important.

These lies corrode trust in Government.

sorry i wasnt clear with my thoughts,

what i meant was, both sides were lying, Boris just told the more believable lies, which is why he won the majority.

Sponsored Links
i'm in agreement, BUT who is out there willing to make this change? it's not the current crop of politicians whether it be labour or lib dems etc, the green party is full of loonies....

the future's not looking particuarly bright either, with extreme leftists and woke aplologists leaving school and uni's

the future is not looking very good.

I want middle of the road politics. Not swerving or pandering to the extremes or we will end up like the US where everything becomes broken and partisan.

I want middle of the road politics. Not swerving or pandering to the extremes or we will end up like the US where everything becomes broken and partisan.

100% agree with this.

unfortunately isnt it saifd that whatever happens in the states transfers over to the uk a little while later... that's what i'm most fearful of.

100% agree with this.

unfortunately isnt it saifd that whatever happens in the states transfers over to the uk a little while later... that's what i'm most fearful of.

the ship has sailed on that

Boris had Steve Bannon on speed dial during the 2019 Uk elections

Tory strategy is pure Trump....lies misinformation, dead cats, gaslighting, corruption.....

never back down, never apologise

Biden however is a statesmen, a seasoned politician who understands foreign policy and has many friends around the world

and the end of Trump will weaken the Tory populism...what a shame

Biden however is a statesmen, a seasoned politician who understands foreign policy and has many friends around the world

and the end of Trump will weaken the Tory populism...what a shame
The electoral system in the US is different and thankfully they have realised their mistake...

I'm not sure the UK electorate will do the same anytime soon (given that many have been 'dumbed down'), and has been mentioned FPTP is undemocratic anyway...

If only we could change to a democratic voting system such as PR...

I wonder which trading bloc has such a 'revolutionary' approach? :rolleyes:

To be fair to Boris at least he's achieved something, and he's had the pandemic to deal with.

What did treason may do? Diddly squat,

Gordon brown ... Nothing

Often think it's best when politicians do nothing, because they only feck things up even more. Shame Blair didn't follow this. It's a bit like many years ago on my route to school. The traffic was always bad. Sometimes the police would be there directing traffic, but this always made the jams worse. As long as they were seen to be doing something, then their superiors were content. This is true of many public servants.

It's a bit like many years ago on my route to school. The traffic was always bad. Sometimes the police would be there directing traffic, but this always made the jams worse. As long as they were seen to be doing something, then their superiors were content.

Taking money out politics isn't as easy as it sounds but they could start by banning private donations to political parties.
Used to be that MPs were privately funded and that led to enormous corruption, MPs are now funded by the state so it follows that their parties should be state funded as well.
The main parties should be allocated a set amount to pay for their election expenses.
Taking private donations from vested interests should be banned.

Taking money out politics isn't as easy as it sounds but they could start by banning private donations to political parties.
Used to be that MPs were privately funded and that led to enormous corruption, MPs are now funded by the state so it follows that their parties should be state funded as well.
The main parties should be allocated a set amount to pay for their election expenses.

Yes. The less money and favours sloshing around is a good enough place to start.

yes that would be good -will MPs who benefit from it ever vote for it?

Tory party are heavily connected to US libertarian groups

Matthew Elliott Tory top advisor....very closely involved with Koch foundation

US business interests have discovered they can get access to UK Tory MPs for little money....so they are

Sponsored Links
Back