Tory party urges activists to campaign like Trump by ‘weaponising fake news’ and ‘fighting wokeism’

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-trump-wellingborough-fake-news-b1774341.html

‘There are lessons that we can learn from Trump….a lie can go round the world before the truth can get its boots on’

Tory activists have been urged to campaign like Donald Trump by “weaponising fake news” and talking “nonsense” if it works, in a party newsletter.

You say the first thing that comes into your head,” it reads, adding: “It’ll probably be nonsense, but it knocks your opponent out of his stride and takes away his headline.

“You may get a bad headline saying that you spoke something silly, but you can live that down. Meanwhile your opponent is knocked off the news-feed”

The bulletin concludes: “Sometimes, it is better to give the WRONG answer at the RIGHT time, than the RIGHT answer at the WRONG time.”

“This is an attack on democracy. The Conservative Party has changed. It's not what I joined – it seems more like an English nationalist party than the Conservative Party.”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It looks like many on here have taken this advice to heart. :LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Trumps line of defence/attack (and has been his tactic since in office) is to immediately accuse others of his own wrongdoing, in order to deflect.

Hopefully he will end up where he belongs. The knives are being sharpened.

Just look at Johnson's answers to Starmer in PMQs.

It's all grandstanding bolox.

Old news Trump is history, and politicians are full of sh't esp the recent ones i think we all agree there. The whole 'democratic' system is rotten to the core, all sides are in a race to the bottom.
Really what's new?

Sponsored Links
Talking bolox got Johnson an 80 seat majority.

talking bolox on brexit got Johnson an 80 seat majority -the public were easily manipulated to believe all UK problems are EU not the Tories

"we will prosper mightily" -what utter utter total bolox

talking bolox on brexit got Johnson an 80 seat majority -the public were easily manipulated to believe all UK problems are EU not the Tories

If talking bolox works why not use it.

You eat, sleep and dream Bolox.

To be fair to Boris at least he's achieved something, and he's had the pandemic to deal with.

What did treason may do? Diddly squat,

Gordon brown ... Nothing

Boris only got the majority because there wasn't a serious alternative, labours policies were blatantly lies, planting a billion trees free internet for all, re-nationalising the energy sector etc.

As has been said, politics is all about lies and spin, they are all in it for there own greed and power, no one seriously believes they I tend on making a real difference.

The link isn't really news, it's just a new spin on it.

Politics is easy, just say the opposite to the other guy.

because it catches up with you.

You can win an election by telling the public you have a fantastic oven ready deal

But then you have to go and get a deal.....going well isn't it

no one seriously believes they I tend on making a real difference

17.4 million people seriously believed the bolox

I suppose it's true, it will make difference....just the opposite of what was promised

17.4 million people seriously believed the bolox

I suppose it's true, it will make difference....just the opposite of what was promised
You still don't get it, remain lost the referendum they then lost the general election by an even bigger margin, yet you insist that Johnson won the election by deception,you are starting to sound like Donald Trump.
Your narrative of dumb brexiteers hasn't worked, it is because of people like you and your denial of reality is the reason we have one the most right wing governments in history.

A modus operandi used by many on here, and other social media sites.
My comment, quoting Vinty, was accidentally added after Vinty's most recent comment, honest.

Old news Trump is history, and politicians are full of sh't esp the recent ones i think we all agree there. The whole 'democratic' system is rotten to the core, all sides are in a race to the bottom.
Really what's new?

That's just accepting it and giving in. So not great for the future or your kids.

Sponsored Links
Back