WhatsApp Image 2022-03-18 at 13.17.36.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220318-184059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220318-184059_Chrome.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
1. Those "2 - G1/2" are the inlet and outlet, not the bleed screw.
2. The bleed screw has a standard square head to fit a standard radiator bleed key. This is set in the centre of a hexagonal bolt head.
3. What size the female thread into which the hexagonal headed bolt fits is anybody's guess. Could be 3/8" BSP, could be metric.
4. There should be no reason why you would ever want to undo that hexagonal bolt.

Sponsored Links
So before we did the bathroom, the original rad would need bleeding on the regular. I put it down to a ****ty bathroom job and possibly shoddy pipe work.

Ripped the bathroom out re did the pipe work, and put in this new radiator.

I noticed that the very top bar still doesn't heat up properly and needs bleeding, so there is something causing an issue. Every other radiator in the house is fine. Got magna clean which is clean and lots of inhibitor in there as well.

So debating about taking out that whole bleed valve and putting an autovent valve? People either seem to like em or hate them, been reading reviews on them and they seem decent.

So before we did the bathroom, the original rad would need bleeding on the regular. I put it down to a ****ty bathroom job and possibly shoddy pipe work.

Ripped the bathroom out re did the pipe work, and put in this new radiator.

I noticed that the very top bar still doesn't heat up properly and needs bleeding, so there is something causing an issue. Every other radiator in the house is fine. Got magna clean which is clean and lots of inhibitor in there as well.

So debating about taking out that whole bleed valve and putting an autovent valve? People either seem to like em or hate them, been reading reviews on them and they seem decent.
Is the bleed on the bottom of the top rail? If so, you may always have some air in it.

Is the bleed on the bottom of the top rail? If so, you may always have some air in it.

The bleed valve is at the top right of the rad, facing downwards.

On the old rad it was on the top left, and ot would gradually get worse and sometimes it's be fine for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back