Towel rail with heating element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have towel rail which is connected to my combi and has also has a heating element. Can I have the heating element on when the central heating is on?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Yes. Heating element will be controlled by a thermostat so it doesn't matter if CH is on or off

Thanks TCC heating. The reason I asked, was that my plummer said they should not both be on as it would burn out the heating element. However, my mate has the same set up and his fine.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Thanks TCC heating. The reason I asked, was that my plummer said they should not both be on as it would burn out the heating element. However, my mate has the same set up and his fine.

Thank you

The plumber is talking *******s. However your ch temp should be set a bit higher than the electric element thermostat. So that the element will only turn itself on when the CH is off. Otherwise you will be throwing money down the drain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back