TP5000 Si turn off??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

We recently had a boiler company come and install a wireless TP5000 Si thermostat and receiver to control our boiler approx 2 months ago.

Ever since this was installed I noticed my utility bills had nearly doubled. Unbeknownst to myself at the time, I didnt realise the unit is pre programmed by default to come on / increase / maintain temperature at different points during the day.

As I am very rarely in the house during the day and early evening there is no point in having the heating on during these times. How do i reset / reprogram the box so that it can be used to keep the heating off all the time. And only come on when I manually increase the temperature on the
box ??

Any ideas please ?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

thanks for the link mate, I have the paper version h ere to but can find no indication as to how you can achieve what i want which seems a bit strange.

I just want the heating off all the time until i manually override and set a temperature and when im finished ill manually turn it to off again.

I guess I could set each of the daily programs to off as a workaround perhaps :S

just set he temperarures to a much lower level...even the minimum...

Off isn't an option with these controllers IIRC

Sponsored Links
Function of a central heating system is to keep you warm when you are at home. TP5000 (or any other programmable room thermostat) takes it a step further.

Sit down and make a note of when you get out of bed, when you leave the house, return, sit down to watch TV/ read a book/ relaxing and finally when you retire.

Let the timetable be rise at 7.00, leave house at 8.00, return at 6.00, relaxing at 7.30 and retire at 11.00

If the thermostat is to be in the hall, design temperature there will be 18. No TRV should be fitted there. In my house or an installation where I fit these, I would set the unit as follows. 6.30am-20, 7.00am-18, 7.30 am= 13, 5.30pm-17, 7.00PM- 20 and 11.10- 13 degree C.

If the hall is at 13, you want the heating to fire. When you are active around the house, you do not need the same heat as when you are inactive or getting out of bed. If you set 5 or low temperature and sudden freeze hits, youhave frozen pipes.

If the unit is set correctly, the house will be cool but not cold

Let the unit control the heating instead of using it like a light switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back