Problem with heating, Danfoss TP5000 and RX1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm having problems with our central heating not coming on at the programmed times. I have tried increasing the temperature number and the little flame displays as if it is looking for heating but nothing happens.

The RX1 has no lights on. I can turn the heating on manually by pressing the CH1 button but really would like it to work on the timer. I tried resyncing them but got no flashing green light the instructions described. There's no light at the prog button at all. Hot water is fine. Battery change in the TP5000 made no difference.

Hope someone can help as I'm clueless with things like this.

Sponsored Links
Try turning the TP5000 down as low as it will go, leave for about 30 seconds , then turn it as high as it will go, leave about 30 secs and see if it now binds with the receiver, if it does just set it back to what you normally have it at

Hi there any thanks for the reply. It's kind of worked in that it didn't work (the boiler went off) when I returned to what I normally have it (15) but has worked if I leave it at 18. Dont know what that means but I'm warm so thank you soo much. Will see if it comes on in the morning.

Ther's still no green light on the RX1, is that a problem?

there should be a green light on the RX1, leave it at 30 and if the green light comes on it is working as it should and your problem is your thermostat, 15 is a bit low at this time of year to be honest

Sponsored Links
Hi there I've changed the start time and left it at 30 for an hour and it hasn't come on, it only comes on by pressing the CH1 button.

Hey, I had a similar problem with the RX1 at the weekend - The thermostat was paired and functioning, the light on the RX1 even came on, The light on prog 1 comes on, zone value starts opening, 5 seconds later, the relay clicks and the zone value closes again... not sure if you are getting the same, but i ended up replacing it altogether.

Hi there I've changed the start time and left it at 30 for an hour and it hasn't come on, it only comes on by pressing the CH1 button.

Did you work out how to fix this in the end? I'm having a similar problem.

The heating won't come on with the programmed timer, and if I set it to the thermostat mode for a constant temperature of 20C it will turn the heating on for approx 10 minutes then turn off.

I can get the heating back on by alternating between the programmed mode and back to thermostat mode, which is a real pain.

Tried fresh batteries? Alkaline ones, not cheap zinc ones.

Yes, I've put in new duracell batteries today, and I'm getting the same problem. It only comes on when I put it to the basic, non-programmed thermostat mode, and then only comes on for about 10 minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back