TPTV new streaming system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I admit is - I sometimes watch TPTV, I like the retro and so paced innocence of some of the stuff they show.

Yesterday evening, I noticed something new on screen - a red button below the TPTV symbol. Pressing the red button on the remote, brings up their streaming service of films etc. they have already shown. Works quite well and no need to sign in, I didn't even know it was possible, but...

If TPTV can have their streaming service on the red button, why cannot other providers? Why do they insist you load an App on the TV, to access their streams?

Sponsored Links
OK, I admit is - I sometimes watch TPTV, I like the retro and so paced innocence of some of the stuff they show.

Yesterday evening, I noticed something new on screen - a red button below the TPTV symbol. Pressing the red button on the remote, brings up their streaming service of films etc. they have already shown. Works quite well and no need to sign in, I didn't even know it was possible, but...

If TPTV can have their streaming service on the red button, why cannot other providers? Why do they insist you load an App on the TV, to access their streams?
Depends on the tv and the service , my tv has a few web based channels where you can choose what you want to watch without an app.Also lots of free stuff on the Plex app.My tv also have 20-30 web only stations.
For new stuff I use the Panda app .

Depends on the tv and the service , my tv has a few web based channels where you can choose what you want to watch without an app.

Mine has lots of those, but they are Apps, they sometimes offer an update. Common ones are Iplayer, ITV Hub, All 4, etc..

The green button, when on a BBC channel, restarts the program you are watching, but the red button is something new. I have just tried it without the red button icon on screen and it still works.

Also lots of free stuff on the Plex app.My tv also have 20-30 web only stations.
For new stuff I use the Panda app .

I've had Plex on in the past.

Mine has lots of those, but they are Apps, they sometimes offer an update. Common ones are Iplayer, ITV Hub, All 4, etc..

The green button, when on a BBC channel, restarts the program you are watching, but the red button is something new. I have just tried it without the red button icon on screen and it still works.

I've had Plex on in the past.
Not all apps , channels 4001 to 4999 though not all used, red buttons has been around a while now.Plex has changed a lot , free programs on it now.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back