Intuitive TV which?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother has two LG 42LT7 TV's which are just too complex and one has gone down with no picture so need to change for a new TV. Although it has a hard drive with record and re-wind she just can't work out how to use it. She is 88 and she was brought up with turret tuner and 405 lines and however many times I show her how to use the EPG she still wants it on paper and unlike my Panasonic it does seem to have a problem giving full 7 day guide for all programs.

I also have he complain that the program failed to record which is normally because she turned the set off.

So I want a set with a very easy to use remote control. Something like the Sky remote where everything seems intuitive not looking for bells and whistles just easy to use with big buttons and plain names on them.

Instructions on LG screen said press select but remote does not have a "Select" but it's called "OK" silly I know but is it so hard for a manufacturer to call the button by the name they printed on it?

So we have Big Button telephones I want a big button TV with remote. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Deja Vu..... I'm sure you've asked about this same problem in the past. One recommendation was get a Sky system installed. She's in her dotage. For what it will cost it's worth it so help her remaining years.

TVs and recorders come with an increasing array of features. It's unavoidable.

The other answer is a programmable touchscreen remote that is bespoked to her exact needs. Once again, I think this is something I have told you about before.

I admire your optimism :)

My mother-in-law is a complete techophobe and can even cock up changing channels, never mind recording or even using the EPG. Converting to digital was a 3-act play so I wish you luck with choosing.

For us, we have adopted the KISS principle. "This button turns it on/off, this one changes channels" - end of :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back