Tracing a Leak!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon

I have a Shower above my Utility room.

The ceiling in Utility room is 'Dripping' so Leak from Shower?

I have taken the 'Skirting' off from the bottom of the shower and felt the joints from the waste, they feel dry.

I have tracked the small leaks from side of shower door and fixed.

I have now pulled down a small section of the ceiling in Utility room and looked up at bathroom floor whilst the shower is on, left it for a good 30 mins and nothing.

Put two large pots of paint in the shower and adjusted it to how I have it when not washing my hair.

Instant drip, drip, drip downstairs.

Ran upstairs can't feel or see anything.

So I am thinking it is leaking through old grout around the bottom of shower and tiles? could this be possible to be a steady drip?

I know water finds its own level and escape route and without smashing up the bathroom (second layer of flooring over floor boards and the shower sits on it!!! so can't lift the floor boarding) But would this be a plumbers view on a leak?

Thanks!
Denise :confused:

Sponsored Links
When you're in the shower, water will splash onto the tiles higher up than if you run it with an empty cubicle. Try pressing the tiles firmly - a bit of movement will reveal the crack in the grout.

Sponsored Links
So I am thinking it is leaking through old grout around the bottom of shower and tiles? could this be possible to be a steady drip?

Yes it could! Stood in Shower and directed at various grouted areas, after plenty of running back and forth, Yes! Utility room Flooded and faulty crack found.

Amazing how one small crack in grout can let through so much water!

Thanks all
Denise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back