Trade waste site in north hants / surrey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me of another site that accepts trade waste in north hants (basingstoke,hartney wintney or farnborough areas) or the camberley / yateley areas.
It must be a site that accepts general trade waste (i normally go over a weighbridge and pay on the way out once the weight is calculated). Any ideas of cost as well would be helpful.
I normally travel to Slyfield site.

Sponsored Links
Pete,

Not for small loads. Taurus in Hollybush Lane, and Collards have facilties but both work on a minimum one tonne load (at about £80+ I think).

I've taken to piling it up in my drive until it's worth getting a skip in - which isn't a great solution by any means.

Jon

(That's for Farnborough by the way - if you find anywhere I'd be interested to know)

Thanks Jono.
Unfortunately I've got a shared drive and can't get a skip up it without blocking neighbours access. Its a shame they don't let trade use the weighbridge side of the farnborough dump - would be alot closer than driving to guildford.
I'll look into prices for collection companys next.

Sponsored Links
Used a mobile collection company that normally only cover A3 corridor. A friend in Byflett uses him and gave me his number. Had to drive to byfleet (friends shop) to meet him but he took all my rubbish for £60 inc vat. It would have cost me at least the min charge at slyfield (£48 + vat).
Its a bit of a journey still but good service, I'll have to go through the yellow pages and try some local collectors.

IME it's well worth avoiding the council site in Hartley Wintney. I tried taking the proceeds of a domestic garage clearance in Fleet there last year.

I spent 20 minutes queueing to get into the site before meeting J. W. Jobsworth at the gate, who considered a Renault Kangoo estate car to be a commercial vehicle, so I must be carrying trade waste.

After demonstrating the car was actually a wheelchair carrier, not a commercial vehicle, he wanted to know the provenance of every old paint tin, oil can, jar and bottle in the load. He allowed me to dump a couple of sacks of garden waste before turning me away from the site, stating I was only permitted to dump one tin of oil or paint at the site in any one year, and the 3 or 4 odd breeze blocks in the load were building materials, not domestic waste, whilst noting my car registration for his 'blacklist'.

The rest of that load went to Basingstoke, where everything was accepted with no problems.

Likewise, the next day I was visiting Andover, so I took a similar load to the household waste facility there, again with no problems.

Everything else went into a hippo waste bag, collected from the driveway for about £65 IIRC.

Back