Traditional Plasterer - I can't find one!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've been phoning round trying to get a plasterer and they all only do 'dot and dab' now. Do I persevere and keep going through yellow pages, or should I settle for dot and dab :(

Sponsored Links
Since they mest around with the format on this forum its hard to see where people come from where are you based?

Sponsored Links
I was up your way couple of weeks ago I love Devon and Cornwall I would have thought with all the stone buildings and old rendered houses that there would be some traditional spreads , what I did notice though is that everything is so far away from where ever you are , where I live I live in a row of 6 houses and there are 3 spreads in the road, to the left in the flats is another spread to the right in the flats is another 2 spreads the row of houses to right is a spread and his son who also is a spread and the house at the back of me has a spread living there I can literally throw a stone on 8 spreads from my house , also further at the back is another spread I keep seeing his van parked up he don't look that busy, there's too many where I am l reckon , how many spreads have you tried? And have you got the choice of many?

I don't actually know any plasterers - we haven't moved in yet so I have asked locally for recommendations. I've been given three names and they all say the same thing.

I just spoke to my dad and he is trying to convince me D and D would be good because you get a lovely finish - but if you have a good plasterer, you get a lovely finish anyway. I've got a fantastic plasterer where I live at the moment but Exmouth is 260 miles away from where he lives.

Well i have just Googled plasterers in exmouth and straight away I can see one or two that can render and even uses lime you need to phone about some more

OK, I shall google plasterers in Exmouth. The person who uses lime would be handy as I need the fireplace (behind log burner) rendered with a lime mix.

Thanks for your help Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back