Trailer tyres/security

I use a trailer hitch lock and a small trailer lock that inserts into the handle to engage/release the hitch. In full view of the road and covered by cctv and never had a problem.
 
Indeed it did, with the car on a concrete driveway!
With the rear engine/transmission layout there's very little weight on the front wheels unless of course the 'boot' is full of luggage etc.

I'm thinking one answer might be to place a small chock behind/ahead of the tyre & reverse/pull the trailer (still hitched to the car) hard against it?
When it comes to security you can only make life difficult for a thief so I'm thinking a security chain through the chassis & padlocked to a ring-bolt set in the concrete,. Even with a hitch lock fitted 2 or 3 fit blokes could simply lift & carry the trailer to a waiting truck/van.
An impact wrench won't spin the wheels .

Don't use it for tightening
 
Thanks John, I just knew it wouldn't be that simple !
N.
I use a trailer hitch lock and a small trailer lock that inserts into the handle to engage/release the hitch. In full view of the road and covered by cctv and never had a problem.
Thank you, though I've decided on a security chain/cable around the chassis & locked onto a plate bolted into the concrete using tamperproof bolts.
That should alleviate both towing away & lift 'n carry concerns though it being a camping trailer, rather than something more exotic like a car transporter, maybe I'm over-thinking things ?
 
Back
Top