Hi folks, you may remember my thread on trailer security 10 days ago & I thank everyone who posted a reply.
Now I have another issue, the answer to which I cannot for the life of me find in any of the countless visits to the net, so maybe some trailer owners can voice their opinion?
When I collected the single axle 750kg trailer last week it had been garaged for some time & the tyre (155/70x13) pressures were down to 21 psi. As the journey home was going to be with the trailer totally unladen I left the pressures as they were, kept an eye on things in the rear view mirror & noted that the trailer rode well with a minimum of 'bounce'
The tyre sidewalls state a maximum pressure of 36 psi so for the short trip to it's storage location I increased the pressures to 26 psi but noticed that the trailer bounced badly at the slightest bump & the wheels probably left the ground when crossing speed ramps at a tortoise pace !
Every answer I get from the 'net indicates that the pressures should be kept at the maximum, which makes perfect sense should the trailer be fully loaded but that's unlikely to happen in my ownership .. it's been purchased for cubic capacity to carry light goods & it will never approach the rated payload of around 600kg
Any thoughts welcomed
TIA
Now I have another issue, the answer to which I cannot for the life of me find in any of the countless visits to the net, so maybe some trailer owners can voice their opinion?
When I collected the single axle 750kg trailer last week it had been garaged for some time & the tyre (155/70x13) pressures were down to 21 psi. As the journey home was going to be with the trailer totally unladen I left the pressures as they were, kept an eye on things in the rear view mirror & noted that the trailer rode well with a minimum of 'bounce'
The tyre sidewalls state a maximum pressure of 36 psi so for the short trip to it's storage location I increased the pressures to 26 psi but noticed that the trailer bounced badly at the slightest bump & the wheels probably left the ground when crossing speed ramps at a tortoise pace !
Every answer I get from the 'net indicates that the pressures should be kept at the maximum, which makes perfect sense should the trailer be fully loaded but that's unlikely to happen in my ownership .. it's been purchased for cubic capacity to carry light goods & it will never approach the rated payload of around 600kg
Any thoughts welcomed
TIA
