Trap for Belfast sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

Am about to fit a good second hand Belfast sink into my newly created utility room. It's a 1970s Armitage Shanks one. Pretty standard 24" wide etc. It was acquired from a school I used to work at, ex science lab.

There is a plastic plug hole already fastened to it but I notice that a standard 40mm bottle trap won't screw on. The shoulder of the trap (where the o ring is) won't fit into the waste as it's slightly too large a diameter.

My question is, if I buy a new chrome Belfast sink waste will a standard trap then screw on? Or is the trap specific to these sinks? If so where from? I can't find any evidence of one on the 'net...

Thanks in advance. :)

Sponsored Links
Sorted. Went to the local plumbase and picked up a new waste. Trap now mates up perfectly.

For the record the old would have been volcathene and a dilution trap which is why a standard one won't fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back