large waste for belfast sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a very old belfast sink which has a stepped waste hole. I went to Jewsons and the standard BS waste wasnt wide enough to cover the hole inside the sink. Where can I look for an outsize waste (belfast sink or not) which might fit. The sink also has a built in overflow so needs a weer i.e. holes for drainage.

(Unfortunately I don't have measurements at time of writing so I just want pointers to where I can look.) Cheers

Sponsored Links
Buy a belfast sink waste which has a big flange, but no plug facility, or but a 2" waste and trap, but the later will be interesting.

I'll give you a clue, Vulcathene in science labs.

Sponsored Links
Hey, I did say something like this. :LOL:

Jewsons are the pits though aren't they?

I've just checked the diameter of the sink hole and it is a whopping 9.3 cm and the depth of the (stepped) hole 5.7cm, so most standard belfast sink wastes are too small. Any suggestions? Cheers

Or get one from a trough urinal :mad: from a salvage yard :D then cut the slots

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back